When it comes to FHA mortgages, we all want the same thing: to find the best deal possible. Unfortunately, this isn’t always easy. There are a ton of different factors involved in getting approved for a loan, and sometimes it takes a little extra effort to get the process moving along smoothly.Canopy Mortage, LLC wants to change that. We’re dedicated to helping homeowners across the country secure loans quickly and easily. We understand that every situation is different, and we’re here to help you navigate whatever roadblocks may arise.
Whether you’re looking for a refinance, purchase, or new construction loan, we’re here to help. We’re committed to providing top-notch customer service and fast approvals, so you can move forward with confidence knowing that you’re working with professionals who truly care about your success.
What is an FHA Loan?
An FHA Loan is a mortgage loan which is insured by the Federal Housing Administration. The FHA’s mortgage insurance program encourages lenders to make mortgage loans to people who might not otherwise qualify for a mortgage loan by providing mortgage insurance to the lender.
How Does FHA’s Home Ready Mortgage Program Work?
FHA’s HomeReady mortgage program is actually two programs in one. The HomeReady Mortgage is a traditional mortgage, but borrowers can also access a second mortgage that does not need to be repaid until the borrower sells, refinances or moves out of the current home. This allows borrowers to access more cash for the down payment and closing costs, and lower their monthly mortgage payments by making smaller down payments.
How FHA Loans Are Different from Conventional Loans?
FHA (Federal Housing Administration) mortgage loans are government insured mortgages insured by both the FHA and US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD). FHA mortgages are a type of conventional mortgage except for the loan’s mortgage insurance requirement. The biggest difference is the down payment requirement for FHA loans. Conventional loans require a minimum of 5% down while FHA loans only require a minimum down payment of 3.5%.
How to Qualify for an FHA Loan?
The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) is a government agency that provides mortgage insurance on loans made by FHA-approved lenders throughout the United States and its territories. By insuring these loans with FHA, the lender is protected against losses due to borrower default. FHA does not lend money. Instead, it insures the loans of approved lenders against loss – protecting the lender from potential losses if a borrower defaults on the loan. When an FHA loan closes, the mortgagee – usually a lender – pays an upfront premium to HUD for the insurance. The lender receives this money back from HUD at closing or through a monthly premium paid in arrears over the term of the loan.
FHA Lender in The Woodlands TX
- The Woodlands is a census-designated place (CDP) in Montgomery County, Texas, United States.
- The Woodlands is the largest suburb of Houston and the fourth-largest incorporated area in Texas.
- The climate of The Woodlands is humid subtropical with an average annual temperature of around 70°F and a humid rainy season from late May to early or mid-October.
- The average household income in Montgomery County is over $105,000.00 per family per year.
- The median age of residents in The Woodlands is just under forty years old.
- The Woodlands has public transportation that is provided by the Lone Star Transit system, but residents also use their own vehicles to get around since there is so much to do and see in the area.
- The Woodlands area contains a system of interconnected waterways surrounds the community and offers miles of scenic trails for jogging, walking, and biking.
- The Woodlands has emerged into a shopping mecca due to its high concentration of shopping centers and the Downtown at The Waterway development.
- The Woodlands has faced some challenges with recent flooding due to tropical storms and hurricanes, but the city continues to make improvements to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.
- The Woodlands is suburban with wooded surroundings, lakes and waterways and rolling hills. Most of the development in The Woodlands is located south of the Sam Rayburn Tollway in the northwest quadrant of Montgomery County.
- The Woodlands has a history dating back to the 1800s as an agricultural community centered around farms along the East Fork of the San Jacinto River.
- Beginning in the 1950s, The Woodlands area was gradually developed as residential communities for Houstonians seeking homes in the country with easy access to the city.
- The Woodlands is near the cities of Magnolia, Shenandoah, Willis, Huntsville and Conroe.